We are happy to let you know that the Burnt Bridge Tennis Courts are now open for play. However Covid-19 is still with us and in order to use the courts you will need to follow the guidelines below to make sure that we limit the possible spread of infection and provide a safe environment for those using the courts. The clubhouse will be closed until further notice. Toilets are available in the adjacent park.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1. If you feel unwell, have a temperature or have any signs or symptoms of respiratory disease however slight – STAY AT HOME.
2. We are required to keep a record of everyone using our courts and to ensure that no more than 10 people (this number does not include coaches) are present at the courts at any one time., Daniel will keep a record of those attending coaching sessions and any other members wishing to play on the courts should text me on 0412 032 292 with the names of the players and the day and time they plan to use the courts, preferably on the day before you want to play.
3. The courts will be available for casual play between 9.30am and 3pm on weekdays, 10am and 5pm on Saturdays and Sundays. All courts except Court 3 are currently available for use. It is essential that you contact me before coming to play. Any court user who tests positive to Covid-19 should inform the club immediately. Remember that you are still required to observe social distancing when at the courts and adults and older children should wear masks when not playing. Council will carry out random monitoring from time to time to ensure that these restrictions are being followed.
4. Of the 10 members of the public in the facility at any one time, each grouping of people on a court – singles or doubles – must come from no more than 2 households. It is important that this requirement is met as there will be monitoring by Council from time to time. Where possible do not play on adjacent courts.
5. On days when the courts are being used the facility will be opened at 9.30 or 10 am by a committee member and gates to all courts will be opened and should be left open so there is no need to touch these. All players should bring balls, a full water bottle and hand sanitiser. Entry will be via the main gate and you should exit the courts as soon as you finish playing by the gate near courts 5 and 6. Please clean your hands before you come to the courts and before you leave. The drink fountains and all taps at the courts will be taped off to prevent use – PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM. You may wish to bring gloves to use when bagging the courts.
6. For coaching sessions you should arrive just before the commencement of your session and enter by the usual gate which will be open. At the end of the session please leave by the gate beside the entrance to Courts 5 and 6.
7. Please note that you will be unable to use the Hitting Wall until the Hot Shots Courts building works are completed.
8. Social tennis will resume on Tuesday mornings at 9.30 am starting on 27th October. Please let me know if you are coming (Text 0412 032 292).
9. Committee members have been at the club in the last couple of days preparing the courts for play. The beds in front of the clubhouse and along the path to the gate are in need of weeding so if anyone would like to spend 15 minutes doing some of this work it would be much appreciated. Please note for the next couple of weeks your gate keys will not open the gate. Daniel will open the gate for coaching and committee members will open the gates for those who book for casual hitting.
Thank you all for reading this and we look forward to many more hours of enjoyable tennis. If you have any questions please contact the secretary by email or text.
These restrictions will remain in place until further notice.